The TeraFlex Heavy Duty Adjustable Tire Carrier spreads the load and
weight of the tire to more than just one hinge point. Incorporating and
using the factory tailgate hinge mounting points spread and separate the
load as far apart as possible, resulting in maximum strength and
Dedicated tooling provides a cast A356.2 T6 Aluminum main component.
This keeps the carrier as light, and strong as possible. The fit and
finish is designed to follow the flow and contour of the Jeep body,
while seamlessly providing additional mounting points for off road
accessories such as recovery jack and fluid containers. The factory Jeep
tub provides substantial internal gussets and bracing that easily
supports the new tire carrier and oversized tire. The HD hinge brackets
are forged steel and the HD 5/8" hinge pins are constructed from cold
formed high-carbon hardened steel. The combination of mounting location
and HD mounting brackets provides one of the strongest, rattle-free
tire carriers on the market today. The TeraFlex HD tire carrier removes
all stress from the gate by utilizing the HD reinforcement carrier as
the load-carrying component, in effect it carries the weight of the
tailgate assembly and the spare tire.
Product Features & Benefits:
- Lightweight aluminum
- Maintains single one-handed entry to the Jeep cargo area
- Allows adjustment for up to 37" tire
- Threaded mounting holes for mounting accessories (fuel cans, recovery jack, etc.)
- Eliminates tailgate stress and rattles
- Simplicity and Ease of installation - installation can be performed using common hand tools.
- No drilling required.
- Factory form fitting geometry and finish. CAD-designed tooling follows
the precise compound curvature of the Jeep body, resulting in a carrier
with an OEM appearance.
- No aftermarket bumper purchase required -- works with OE and aftermarket bumpers.
Shipping will be calculated at checkout using the best available freight based on your location. Some large items and or oversized items can be purchased and the Double Black team will email you within 24 hours with a seperate freight invoice.